Sunday, 14 December 2003

Thursday Threesome. Even though it's not Thursday. I only just met this meme.

::The Christmas Song, Part I::

Onesome: The-- What is the "bestest" Christmas decoration in your mind? You know, the one that says, "This is Christmas!"

Absolutely the tree. No competition, there's nothing like it. Although I'd be freakily happy to some day have an actual Yule celebration - I mean in winter - with a tree, since that's where the idea of Christmas trees originated. Speaking from the southern hemisphere - is it just me, or does a pine tree in summer feel a bit wrong? They look so sad and droopy on a hot Christmas day.

Twosome: Christmas-- What style of Christmas ornaments do you like to see? Are you a glass ball person? ...or how about that bow thing? Maybe Christmas Muppet characters everywhere? Hmm?

We always kept our decorations subtle, just a few colours that go well together, and mostly on the tree, not all around the house. Little red velvet bows, fine single strands of silver tinsel stuff, tiny white electric lights, and sometimes a few handmade seed-bead snowflakes hanging from the branches.

Threesome: Song--...and your favorite Christmas Song? Is there one that just sets the season for you when you hear it? I mean, even when you're in a "Ho-Ho-Humbug" mood?

Most Christmas songs make my stomach turn, though that's usually when I hear them in a mall. Me no like malls, and me no like cheezy tunes. Old-style carols would be my favourites, even though I'm not Christian. I do enjoy 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen'... and okay, I'll admit I like 'Snoopy's Christmas', lol :D


~ posted by Anna @ 11:03 AM
~
----------------